To run a successful blog/website your blog/website must be able to generate organic traffic. By organic traffic I mean the traffic that comes through search engines.
If you are a blogger/webmaster it is essential for you to use Google Webmaster Tools as it helps you to get your website indexed by Google.
In Google Webmaster Tools you are required to verify the ownership of your website/blog. This is important in order to submit blogger sitemap to Google. Sitemap helps to index your posts easily.
Submit Blogger Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools
Follow simple steps below.
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Click on the blog title for which you want to add sitemap. (Learn to Add your website in Google Webmaster Tools -> Google Webmaster Tools Guide
- Click on Sitemaps button
- At the top right corner of the page, press Add/Test sitemap button.
- Small box will appear like shown below.
- Add the below code in the text field.
The above code is for your blogger’s blog which you need to add.
- Click “Submit Sitemap” button.
- Refresh the page.
Voila ! Sitemap is submitted.
Note: Above sitemap method works only for 500 posts. If your blogger has more than 500 posts then you need to add another sitemap. All the procedures above are the exact same except you have to add the code shown below.
This is it for submitting sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. You can now create HTML sitemap for your blogger’s blog. This will give your readers ease of accessibility. Check it out -> How to Create HTML Sitemap Page in Blogger?
This is a step-by-step guide on how to submit blogger sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. If you have any questions or queries, leave comments. Don’t forget to share this article.