Today at Slush 2014 conference in Finland, Nokia announced their come back device Nokia N1. This came just months after selling their mobile division to Microsoft. I am really excited with this news. Who can deny the era of Nokia when they dominated the world with their stunning mobile phones.
By 2016 Nokia Lumia will be officially Microsoft Lumia. So i have been waiting for some news, some ray of hope to see the Nokia device come out and here it is.
Nokia on its Facebook page started posting and teasing users about their next plan/product although there were rumors about
Nokia N1 Specs
- 7.9-inch, 2048×1536 (4:3) IPS LCD with Gorilla Glass 3 and fully laminated zero air gap display
- 64-bit 2.3GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor, PowerVR G6430 GPU with 2GB RAM
- 32GB built-in memory (non-expandable)
- 8 megapixel rear camera, 5 megapixel front camera
- Dual channel 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0
- Micro-USB 2.0 with a Type-C reversible connector
- Stereo speakers
- 5300mAh battery
Nokia N1 will run Android Lollipop and will be customized with Nokia’s own launcher, Nokia Z Launcher debuted in June. One of the key feature of this ;launcher is the ability to write out letters onto screen like gestures to quickly search for contacts, applications, websites and many more.
Price & Availability
Nokia will launch in China at $250 initially, The device will be in stores around Chinese New Year which is 19 Feb 2015. Nokia will follow up by introducing the device in Russia and come European countries, these are the market where Nokia has the biggest influence historically. Nokia is still highly valued brand. Nothing has been confirmed about the availability in US or any other country.
Nokia N1 sure does looks promising if things are done right.
For feedback and suggestions leave comments.