It really should have one.
But Why ?
- It protects you and your business
- Your websites looks credible and in fact it establishes credibility to your audience even if they don’t actually read them
- If you ever decide to create a Facebook app in which you will integrate your website with Facebook then know it that Facebook requires you have have PP and TOS
Some common reasons for not having PP and TOS
- Some think it’s not needed.
- Maybe, Lazy or Boring
- Sounds stupid and time consuming
- Scared of getting into anything legal
I know there are a group of people out there who just advise you to copy and paste PP and TOS from other websites but the problem with copying is that some website contains words and services that you do not offer on your website. So that’s a no go but sure you can just edit it out. No problem with that.
Ways of Getting your own PP and TOS
- Create your own by mashing up from variety of PP and TOS from other websites
- Hire an attorney
- Obtain one from somewhere online (make sure to edit !)
- Check out our list of free PP and TOS generator for your website and WordPress.
Don’t forget to share this article. For feedback and questions leave comments.